Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Go Fish

I recently bought a box of frozen fish fillets to have on hand for one of those nights when I had to pull dinner together fast and lacked inspiration -- this never happens to you, right? Anyway the box said it contained ten fish fillets. But, it didn't. It contained eight fillets and an assortment of pieces of stuff which may have been fish or anything else. The picture shows the package and its contents. I sent a copy of the picture with a nice letter to the folks at Pinnacle Foods -- Van der Kamp's parent company -- and suggested they might have a quality problem and a truth in packaging issue which they should probably take care of. They sent me back a nice letter and enclosed coupons good for four free boxes of their product.

Now, I didn't really want any more of their stuff, once was enough, but free is free. And the coupons expire 3/31/2011. I picked up four boxes of the fillets on my next trip to Walmart and forgot to turn in the coupons. I PAID for them, and we don't even like them and now I have four boxes of them and four coupons good for more fish. I think I'm going to give up, unless someone can suggest a good use for either seven boxes of frozen fish fillets (we ate one tonight and everyone hated it) or four coupons good till 3/31/2011. Let me know if you want them and I'll send them to you.

8 comments:

  1. Least of These would love to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take them to Least of These -- I didn't realize they had freezers -- thought they could only deal with non-perishables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have limited freezer space. The money collected at church buys meat once a month and it goes REALLY fast at Least of These. You might call them first and make sure they have freezer space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A food bank would just give the coupons to their clients. If you don't have one close by, send the coupons here, and I'll take them to the local Community Services Agency. Costco was sampling various frozen fish on Friday, and they were SO good that they don't feel appropriate for Lent. In MA, one of the local churches sold lobster rolls as a fundraiser during Lent. It surely didn't feel as though we were giving up anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Least of These does accept coupons. It was hard to get the answer; they are only open MWF and their phone didn't pick up on Monday. I'll drop them off today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't giving the coupons to clients the idea? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know if L of T distributed food only, or if they also made coupons available to their clients -- didn't know if I should redeem the coupons and donate the fish, (they do have freezers), or just give them the coupons. I was particularly concerned because the coupons are nearing their expiration date (3/31/11). In my own inimitable way, I managed to make a simple thing very complicated.

    ReplyDelete