Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Work in Process

This is the quilt I'm currently working on. It has been pieced and the back, batting, and top have been pinned together with nearly 1,000 safety pins. You can't see any pins in the the center part, because I've already quilted that part and removed the pins. Right now I'm working on the tan colored strip that surrounds the blue. The four flowers are the center of the quilt and all the rest of it is distributed on the table, the floor, and squished through the opening in the sewing machine. Handling all that fabric is quite a challenge; it's big, 96" x 116", and heavy. I frequently have to stand up to move it around. The dark blob in the upper left hand corner of the quilt is Minnie Mimi. She is sure that I make them for her pleasure. I like to work on it in the evening because then I can have a glass of wine and it seems to make the work go more smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment