Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What I Want For My Birthday Is . . .

. . . the dogwood tree to bloom. It has 11 buds; a couple of them look as though they may be blighted. I don't know when dogwoods are supposed to bloom in these parts, but I'm hoping it is the middle of April. Lots of things are sprouting, tulips, daffodils, trees, and new lawn. (Ben and Logan also continue to sprout.)

I'll be 70 April 18. I kind of like that number. It is definitely old -- no longer can I fool myself that I am on the downward slope of middle age. And I'm doing OK. Slower, maybe, but everything is still working and those parts that are not working so well I will have repaired this year. I've decided that's how I will celebrate this milestone year -- tuning up my tunable parts. I'll start with my wrists and see if I like the results, I may proceed to repairing other joints. I hate the thought of down time while healing occurs, but I guess it's an investment I just have to make. See, that proves I'm old, I'm talking about medical stuff.

This is my 100th blog post. I was hoping to have something really interesting to say about it, but my creative juices aren't flowing. I'm still quilting on the quilt I pictured March 3 -- it has been a very challenging project, but I'm almost done, a couple more days, I think. So, I'm obsessing about it, and can think of little else.

Ben and I visited the high school last evening for an orientation. He seems to be a bit overwhelmed by the size of it -- there will be over 400 kids in his freshman class -- the same size my high school class was more than 50 years ago. The high school was built in 2004 and now the town is planning for a second high school. This is the fastest growing county (percentage-wise) in the U.S.

Back to the quilt.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I can do about the dogwood tree, but I do have a birthday surprise for you! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete