Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More Turnips, Please

I'm grateful for the help I've had with turnip recipes both in comments and through email. The trouble with turnip recipes is that they seem to require lots of high calorie ingredients and the use of many pans in preparation. Neither of those fit into my ideal week night dinner plans. Also, I noted that none of the people who supplied me with recipes admitted to eating or liking turnips.

Nonetheless, I added turnips to our mashed potatoes tonight, covered the mashed mess with cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon (we might as well have had cheddar cheese fries with a fried turnip or two thrown in), and stuck them in the oven until the cheese melted. The kids loved them. No one mentioned the "T" word. Logan said it was a great meal and we should have it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment