Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More on Food

You're probably tired of hearing about our CSA food, but I must admit, it does occupy a good deal of my time and thoughts. It's difficult to plan creative ways to consume all those veggies, while making them palatable and appealing to the kids. Tonight I succeeded. We had whole wheat lasagna with organic marinara sauce, CSA ricotta (not cottage cheese as I called it a couple of days ago), organic chicken, and the Chinesey greens. I also used regular store-bought mozarella. The kids asked if it were store-bought or home made lasagna and what the green stuff was. But, they didn't complain, we had a great conversation about why CSA food is a good thing and they ate huge portions! Yes, there is life beyond Boston Market Mac and Cheese! (They had that last night.)

1 comment: