Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Blizzard of OZ



8:00 AM, noon, and 4:00 PM




Well, it was reported as a blizzard. It wasn't like the Sierra blizzards I've experienced, so I was a little bit underwhelmed. But, it has been entertaining. The kids had a good time sledding and flirting with frostbite while I enjoyed watching my neighbor shovel her three-car driveway four times!While she worked at clearing her driveway in spite of the falling snow, starting over at the top when she reached the bottom, nature renewed the opportunity for a workout.

Kane, Ben, and Logan built a snowman in our drive, blocking any possibility of my backing out.

All in all, it's been a lovely quiet day; we are warm and have every possible comfort. School has been canceled for tomorrow, so we get to do it all over again. The snow will most likely be around for quite a while -- bitter cold is forecast and more snowfall on the weekend. Let it snow!

1 comment:

  1. Keep warm. In Atlanta we are having what Uncle Harvey Lee would call "up and down" weather, warm today and real cold tomorrow.
    Thanks for your suggestion to add pictures to blog. I was not able to go to England with Harvey and Hollis so no real pictures. I bought a scanner the other day and was going to include old photos from past trips but I could not get the scanner hooked up. It required registration to add photo part and no matter what ID name I entered it would not accept it. Guess I'll have to call India to get it to work. Been putting that off!!!

    ReplyDelete