Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ad Naseum


The temperature was still below zero at eight o'clock this morning. I just learned that if you take a cup of near-boiling water and toss it into the air when it's super cold outside, the water will crystallize in the air into something that looks like snow. I want to try it, but I'm not sure I want more super cold weather. My heater runs constantly -- I can't imagine what my gas bill will be next month. The snow is beautiful -- it sparkles like diamonds and sifts through the air like fairy dust. The river has been frozen for weeks and looks gorgeous with snow on top of the ice. I'm going to try to get pictures tomorrow before it heats up. Sixty degree temperatures are forecast for Sunday.
The kids have had eight snow days this year - the greatest number since we've lived here. Ben's band is planning to go to Florida in May, but now their departure date has been scheduled as a snow makeup day. I don't know what they'll do.
It has taken three weeks to quilt this much by hand -- I figure I'm 2-1/2% done -- 324 square inches (18"x18") out of 12,096 (108"x112") (click on the picture to enlarge and see a little bit of the quilting detail). At this rate, I'll be done in time for Christmas, but I'd like to pick up the pace. The good news is it keeps me out of the quilt shops

No comments:

Post a Comment