Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day IV (or VI)

The falling snow promises to give my neighbor another opportunity to clear her driveway. It's just starting to stick now and more is forecast for tonight.

Ben and I just returned from the store -- the first time I've ventured out since the recent "blizzard." More snow is falling and is forecast for the weekend, so I felt compelled to rush to Walmart and stock up before the hoarders got there. (That's an old WWII joke, you have to be very old to understand). Anyhow, the hoarders must have beaten me, supplies were low, parking lot full. The roads were pretty good, lots of packed snow, but quite drivable. The car, however is a different story. The engine malfunction light came on during the trip home and has me quite freaked out. The car has more than 160,000 miles on it, but I'm kind of hoping it will be my last car. I want to get cars for Ben and Logan and then retire from driving. It could be nothing, or something trivial, or it could be meltdown -- financial and automotive. For today, I'm going to bury my head in the sand and wait for warmer weather to deal with it. Based on the current forecast, we may not be going anywhere for another day or three.


I'm still not tired of it, found the driving an adventure, but not difficult, the landscape gorgeous, and I love the Christmas card look of my front window. And we stopped at Papa Murphy's for pizza -- Logan is a happy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment