Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Geez, My Knees

Last night we had a tornado watch, so rather than risk being awakened in the middle of the night by a tornado warning, or sleeping through the warning, we decided to spend the night downstairs. The boys took the dogs, a pile of blankets and pillows and slept on the floor of the tornado shelter while I slumbered soundly in the big bed that might be safe because it's below ground level. The good news is there was no tornado. The bad news is that after safely negotiating the steps back upstairs, I fell.

My left knee simply gave out, and I fell to the floor in the living room. The kids were frightened, but I wasn't really injured, just prone. I managed to get myself up and now know it is impossible for me walk without my walker. So, I must have knee surgery. I don't know how it's going to play out. I'm going to have to call out all my support group, but I have to proceed. I can't go on any longer. Today I will make a call to the doctor and go from there. I am scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment