- 3:30 -- Ben arrived home and I learned about band practice planned for 6:30 that evening. Problem is I have book club scheduled at my house starting at 6:00 Further problem, Logan has football practice ending at 5:30.
- 4:00 -- Contacted friend Sharon and asked her to arrive early for book club to serve as surrogate hostess. No problem. Thanks, Sharon.
- 4:00 -- Ben called Grandpa to arrange his transportation. Grandpa was unavailable. Called neighbor Beth and she said "sure."
- 5:30 --Went to school to pick up Logan. Over-zealous coach kept the team until 6:10. Book club started without me. At MY HOUSE.
- 6:20 -- Leaving football practice with Logan in car, I passed Beth in her car filled with kids. She had just dropped Ben at band practice and asked if I needed her to pick him up. I replied, "yes, please, he gets off at 8:30." She said, "no problem, I have to pick up Cam in Nixa at 8:15. I can be back by 8:30." I wondered why all the kids were in the car, but couldn't chat as we passed each other in traffic.
- 6:30 -- Arrived home to find book club in full swing. Sharon did such a good job, I don't think anyone noticed I wasn't there. For this club, pot-luck finger food is the first order of business, and since they are all such good providers, I wasn't missed. And there was plenty left for me when I finally did get home half an hour late.
- 9:00 -- Beth delivered Ben safely home and the book club people departed.
- 9:15 -- Ben declared he has nothing to wear the next day and started a load of laundry.
- 10:00 -- I put Ben's laundry in the dryer and went to bed.
- 2:00 A.M. -- I am awakened by a thunderstorm. Can't get back to sleep -- see 4:00 on the clock face.
- 5:00 A.M. -- I guess I did fall asleep, because I awaken to the alarm. Time to get Logan up, fed, and driven to school for 6:00 A.M. weight training.
- 5:45 -- pull out of the driveway and see Beth in her garage with Cam getting in the car. Am able to give Cam a ride to weight training. Wish I had known earlier (?) that he was going so Beth could have been spared getting ready to go. Will work this out for future mornings.
- 6:15 A.M. --I arrive back home and awaken Ben so he can leave at 6:45 for his early band practice.
- 6:45 -- I think I drove Ben to band. I hope so, he's not here, and I have no recollection of exactly how and when he left the house.
- 8:00 -- I realized it was nap time and went back to bed.
- 11:30 -- Awoke and did a load of laundry.
- 1:00 P.M. I sit at my computer in my PJs.
- Tonight and tomorrow morning -- We get to do the same thing all over again, except no book club, but I have three more band uniforms to hem. And I don't have it so bad. Beth has four kids, her husband is out of town, and she was able to help me! And oh, did I mention she has a stress fracture in her foot so she's clomping around in a walking cast? Does this pace cause stress fractures?
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round
When Ben arrived home yesterday, he let me know he had a band practice that evening at 6:30 Normally, that would not be a problem, but no day seems to be normal around here. Here's what the past 24 hours have looked like: