Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Must Be Someplace Else; It Doesn't Get This Hot Here



At 6:00 P.M.!!! It was so hot at 6:00 A.M. Ben voluntarily put on shorts instead of jeans for the first time this summer (in Missouri, that is -- I sent shorts with him to California, did he wear them?) He did wear them in Florida this past May. This has been the hottest summer within memory for many locals I've asked. Records are being broken and I worry about pets and people without a/c.

Ben has band camp this week -- they gather at 8:00 A.M. and go till 8:30 P.M., with 3-1/2 hours of break time for lunch and dinner. They are supposed to practice marching in the morning and in the evening, but only when the heat index on the field is at some pre-determined acceptable level. Bet they won't be marching this evening!

Logan has just been hanging out at home; it's too hot to shoot hoops with his friend next door. Maybe they will go to the pool this evening, if the water is not too warm!
I saw a scissortailed flycatcher this morning while driving Ben to band. Apparently they are common to this area, but I had never noticed one before. At first, I thought the bird was carrying something, but then realized that all was part of the bird. Very pretty. There are lots of wonderful birds in this area, many of which I cannot identify because they are new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment