Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

Grumpier than Usual

Generally, I tend to be a bit of a Pollyanna -- optimistic and cheerful even when surrounded by gloom and doom. You know, the one who in the darkest times says, "this too, shall pass." The glass half-full type of person. Not so lately. I'm grouchy. Not depressed. Just ticked off at:
  1. The election results
  2. The heat wave
  3. My new cell phone that quit working
  4. School buses with no seat belts
  5. Amazon's pricing of ebooks (in many cases, higher than print)
  6. My high electric bill
  7. A dog who barks in spite of "Barks Off"
  8. A broken sewing machine
  9. School starting in two weeks
  10. Not going to California for Lisa's birthday and Tom, Nichole, and Mallaika's visit.
I promise that my next post will be a list of things that please me. Oooooh, I think Pollyanna is coming in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment