Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Not Ordinary

Yesterday I lost a hearing aid. My ears are kind of small and I don't have much space behind them and it's hard to find room for both my glasses stem and a hearing aid, so it just fell off unnoticed sometime during the day. I was pretty upset and looked everywhere, carefully sweeping all the floors, checking out the furniture, in the bed, etc. This morning, it was still on my mind and I was struggling over whether I should replace it ($1500) or try to get along with just one. While in deep deliberation, my eyes wandered over to the bathroom sink and spotted the missing hearing aid. I felt like I had conjured it up! Magic!

An empty coffee bag greeted me this morning and I was faced with the choice of a caffeine fast or a trip to the store. By ten o'clock, I was ready to give up the fasting notion, and headed for the car. I turned the key in the ignition and the response was the silence that can only mean the battery is dead. I had left the light on when I was looking for my hearing aid last night. Called triple A and was up and running in about an hour. Because it was getting on towards noon and I still had not had my caffeine, I decided to make a run through McDonald's and try a coffee-infused frappé.

When I got to the window to pay, the girl leaned out and smiled at me saying, "the lady in front of you just paid for your meal!" Magic!

I feel like today is charmed and like a person who has been granted three wishes, I must be very careful what I wish for. So, I plan to go gently and consciously through the rest of the day watching for more little bits of magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment