Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2008

What Happens When Geeks Breed


Uncle Bill and Cousin Ernie came to town armed with their laptops. With the help of my wireless router we established IT central at my dining room table. Bill and Ernie are home-based in Southern California and are on the last leg of a nearly 6,000 mile road trip in a '78 Ford Station Wagon. Bill is a WWII vet, a B-24 co-pilot in the South Pacific. Lately, his claim to fame is road-showing his restored Norden Bomb Site which replicates a landscape and the dropping of bombs. He has shown it at air shows with the Collings Foundation and many other venues. Most recently he exhibited it at a Concours d'Elegance at Meadowbrook Hall (the Dodge mansion) outside of Detroit. Tomorrow we will probably take in a show in Branson. I love having my friends and relatives visit.

Some gardener I am. Turns out my watermelons are pumpkins. I do have many cantelopes on the vine, and a few watermelons.

1 comment: