Another car pulled up with a woman and a child in a car seat. We decided she would go knock on the door of the nearby house. A man answered and said yes, it was his mother. We got her into the car and drove her a couple of hundred feet to the house and her son took her in. I hope she's OK. I hope her son realized she might be dehydrated and got her to drink plenty of water. I hope they get an ID bracelet for her.
So many thoughts:
- If I had my cell phone, I might have called 911. Then they would have incurred a bunch of medical expense and fuss and bother.
- Maybe I should have called 911, maybe she did need medical attention.
- Why was she carrying a blanket, her wallet, the mail?
- Was she going to be safe at home?
- Did I do the right thing? Should I have done more? Should I respect her privacy? Should I follow up?
- I must never go out without my phone again!
- It could have been me -- in fact, it was me, in a way, when I fell in April.
- I should have an ID bracelet.