Search This Blog

Friday, March 22, 2013

Springtime in the Ozarks

I can finally admit to myself why I love snowy days. It's because everything just stops for a little while. Suddenly, there is nothing I have to do. School is cancelled, travel is unwise. Best thing to do is hunker down, read, sew, plan cozy meals with the food already on hand, and drink a warm beverage. Oh wait, I've just described a typical day for me. But I enjoy it most when it appears to be the wisest course of (non)action.

A couple of things are different about this snowy day picture from my front porch. My car is sitting in the driveway. That's because Logan's new car is sitting in the garage. I'll post a picture of him sitting behind the wheel once he has his license and it's all official.

The other thing that is different is that my neighbor across the street has not shoveled her driveway. It worries me. She must be ill or out of town. She has never before missed an opportunity to scoop up the snow into neat little windrows along the edge of the lawn, getting out very early so she can get it done before it melts lest she be left with nothing to scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment