Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

See Hear

Last night I dreamed I was at the movies watching a graphic sex scene. The dream cinematography was amazing, mostly done in silhouettes of blues and blacks, occasionally lapsing into full form and then fading back to solid silhouettes. Clearly it's a sign you're over the hill when sex dreams are all about the cinematography.

And then I was awakened at 4 A.M. by Logan depositing a load of clean laundry in my room. He needed the dryer space because he was washing his clothes. AT 4 IN THE MORNING! The kid runs on 23 hour days, like a toddler who is not quite ready to give up napping. Logan goes to bed earlier every night (last night it was 7:30) and gets up earlier, until one day a week he takes a long afternoon nap, goes to bed late, sleeps in, and then begins the cycle all over again.

Today I'm going to a Christmas luncheon at the lah-de-dah country club with a bunch of local quilters. Four of the names on the guest list are women who are Paducah winners with quilts hanging the American Quilting Society's permanent collection. Exalted company, snazzy setting. A day of pretension. And I'll be able to see and hear it all. I picked up my new glasses yesterday and the new prescription is wonderful! I also replaced my hearing aid which had failed to survive a cycle in the dishwasher. It came out clean, but didn't improve my hearing. Now with two functioning hearing aids, new retention straps so they don't fall out, and increased gain, I hear pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment