Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

If CSA Married TJ

 After a six-month break for knee surgery, we have rejoined Millsap's CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). Today in our first pickup of the winter season we got salad greens, spinach, purse-lane, basil, a leek, butternut squash, egg plant, green tomatoes, mung bean sprouts, bell peppers, and red potatoes.
 And I made this: tossed green salad with plum tomatoes from far, far away, raw fried potatoes with onions, topped with just barely wilted spinach and served with Trader Joe's sausage. All but the sausage, tomatoes, and onion were from our CSA share.

 For the grownup in the family who doesn't have to drive anywhere tonight (football and marching band season are over!), a glass of Chardonnay/Viognier from Chile (by way of Trader Joe's).
And in the mail today, a glorious assortment of Good Earth teas to accompany my Trader Joe's triple ginger snaps.

No, we don't have Trader Joe's in Springfield. Sharon and I drove 360 miles round trip to Kansas City and spent $50+ on gas so that we could each buy $200 worth of groceries. We are hoping that a couple more people will join us on our next trip so we can spread the gas cost around a little. Let me know if you want in.

AND IT'S VALERY'S BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE SIS!

1 comment:

  1. I learned something new today so now my day is complete. I've never heard of/eaten purse lane. Thanks to Google I feel a little more informed. Dinner looked great.
    TJ trip was great fun and looking forward to another adventure with more friends.

    ReplyDelete