Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Ben and Logan come home tomorrow evening and I found myself trying to account for my time during their absence then realized that was exactly NOT the point. The point of the whole week has been to escape accountability. So here are some of the things I did not do:
  • I did not awaken to an alarm clock.
  • I did not plan meals.
  • I did not set foot in WalMart.
  • I did not drive anyone anywhere.
  • I did not pay a single bill.
  • I did not clean house.
Here are some of the things I did:
  • Went to physical therapy 3x week and exercised between times.
  • Lunched with friends.
  • Sewed, but not too much.
  • Went to bed whenever I felt like it.
  • Stayed in my PJs till 1:00 PM (0nce).
  • Read five books.
  • Ate whatever I felt like (tonight was a fabulous spinach bacon sour cream quiche).
I am so ready for them to come home even if it does mean switching the lists around. Now I've had a taste of what it will be like when they have gone away to college and I realize I'll have a lot of adjusting to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment