Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Agony and Ecstasy




This is what it looks like today. And it feels just about as good as it looks. The joint is really tight and my good leg is very feeble, so exercise is torturous, but I've been religious about it. I can imagine pain-free, limber days by year's end. At Knee Day plus 9, I still haven't driven, still taking pain medication. I'm resting, exercising, eating, and being entertained in grand style thanks to a cadre of wonderful friends and relatives. My week-long visit with Kathy was in itself worth the agony. She is a wonderful nurse and companion. Lucky Rick! Lucky me. She's also a great cook and left me with a well-supplied refrigerator and this herb garden for flavoring my attempts to replicate some of her wonderful meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment