Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2008

Quilting like Crazy



Here are three of my recent quilt projects. The one on the right (I call it "Under the Rainbow"), still a work in progress, basted with more than 1,000 safety pins, awaits quilting and binding to be completed. Measuring 101'' x 101" -- a large queen or small king sized bed topper -- it is my largest project to date. These have all been pieced following published instructions with my own choice of fabrics, border designs, and backings. I machine-quilted (or intend to) each of them, experimenting with several quilting styles. Because I am new to the craft and because I'm working with large quilts on a home sewing machine, my stitching lacks the precision of a long-arm quilter and is a style I choose to call "primitive," "naive," or "organic." I love everything about this craft, choosing the design, selecting fabrics, cutting, piecing, assembling, quilting, hand-finishing bindings, naming them, and giving them away! To see more of my completed projects, check out http://picasaweb.google.com/melodypix4/Quilts02

No comments:

Post a Comment