Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Procrastinators' Guide to Income Taxes

It's very simple. All you have to do is task yourself with something you hate even more than doing taxes. I have a few suggestions:
  1. Make a dental appointment.
  2. Schedule a mammogram.
  3. Clean the garage.
  4. Fold socks.
  5. Bathe the dog.
  6. Research and compare options for high-speed internet service.
  7. Clean under and behind the refrigerator.
  8. Fix a broken sprinkler head.
  9. Put away last year's Christmas decorations that are still downstairs.
  10. Go to the post office to mail that package that's been sitting around for a month.

I would rather do my taxes than any of these. Unfortunately, I also have a list of things I would rather do than taxes:
  1. Blog
  2. Vacuum
  3. Shop
  4. Quilt
  5. Cook
  6. Pedicure
  7. Read
  8. Laundry (except folding socks)
  9. Clean refrigerator (inside, not under or behind)
  10. Plant garden
I'm sure you can come up with your own lists, but in the meantime, I must go vacuum.

1 comment:

  1. I disagree about the dentist. It was an appointment with a dentist in Marin county that got me out of San Francisco at 3:00 the afternoon of October 17, 1989. We all know what happened two hours later....

    ReplyDelete