Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Table for One

 My idea of a perfect birthday lunch if my perfect family and perfect friends aren't around: Fresh Dungeness crab shipped from Oregon, fresh sour dough bread from BreadSmith (SF sourdough is better, but not practical and BreadSmith isn't bad), fresh asparagus (unfortunately waterlogged because I let it sit too long in a cooling bath of water), mayonnaise for the crab and asparagus, a glass of Panilonco's Chardonnay/Viognier from Chile, and something good to read on my Kindle (West With the Night by Beryl Markham). It was lovely.
Another birthday treat, the Dogwood is finally coming reluctantly into bloom. The weather is crazier than ever this spring. Three days this week I have run both the air conditioner and the heater. The temperature fluctuates 40 degrees -- 82 yesterday and now at 4 PM it is 42.

 And a little something to spruce up the driveway -- a newish car. This is a 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitari and so far, I really love it. I found nearly all the controls and really like the comfort of it.
Beautiful flowers from my beautiful daughter arrived this morning. They are very fresh and just coming into bloom, so I should be able to enjoy them for a week.

 Friend Andra brought me this cake and although I haven't cut into it, I did locate a couple of large crumbs and a glob of frosting and I can guarantee it is delicious!
I haven't changed much, the years have been kind to me, just as my friends and family have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment