Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pix Galore


Wearing this uniform, participating in band events all over the state, and traveling to Disney World results in a hefty price tag. State tax dollars, an annual activity fee paid by the parents, generous donations, and FUNDRAISERS keep the organization marching. As he does in most activities, Ben overachieved at this year's fundraising frozen food sale. He sold 63 orders for a gross of $813.50. Selling is the easy part. Storing and delivering are the real challenge. The food filled both freezers of my two side by side refrigerators and delivering racked up approximately 200 miles, all with the city limits of a town with a population of 10,000. I'm not complaining, I'm just glad it's over. Ben did an outstanding job of managing the whole process. Once again, I'm proud of him.
Here's Valery performing a wildlife rescue at Wilson's Creek Battlefield. This little guy was on the road, so we stopped and she moved him to safety. (Now, wash your hands, Valery!)
Although I finished this quilt barely in time for Halloween, I doubt that I will get it hung up in time. I've chosen a wall where I will hang my quilt du jour (or maybe quilt de la saison), but now I must find someone willing to put up the hanging hardware. Any volunteers?

I had to stop several times yesterday on my way home from a frozen food delivery to take photographs of this amazing sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment