Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Golden Oldies


Valery feeds the ponies at Grandma's house in Fallon. I bet Valery can still tell you the names of the ponies.
Valery and her doll -- I think this one was named Janet. Valery's dolls were named after my high school friends -- the blondes were named Linda and the brunettes were called Janet. Scott has restored the high chair and is using it for his year old granddaughter, Scarlett. BTW, this image is reversed.

Brother Rick in his Davy Crockett coonskin cap. He loved it!
(This image is reversed, too.)

Grandma Minnie Blair celebrates her 85th birthday and the housewarming for 5401 Leona St.

Mrs. Hugh Brown, and a woman I believe is a reporter from the Oakland Tribune, and my grandmother Minnie P. Blair at her 85th birthday celebration. She and Mrs. Brown were neighbors in Tonopah, Nevada.

Hail, hail, the gang's all here, Christmas 1961.


My mother, Ruthanne Blair, feeds the duck and chickens on Leona Street. I love this picture.

Cleaning out closets for the garage sale, I found these old slides. I used a little hand-held slide viewer and my camera to get these pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I love these old pictures. Where was the family Christmas picture taken? Oakland or Fallon? Mom still remembers all the ponies names too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas was at the old house on Leona Street in Oakland.

    ReplyDelete