Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Rant Warning

I'm really tired of Trump-bashing. And I'm really sad there is so much to bash. Today he has ordered the CDC to stop reporting COVID-19 data. Instead, we are to believe information released by the White House, which to date has released misinformation and outright lies when not turning a blind side to the issue. I won't bore you with the details, but if you're curious, look here:

I do take hope when I hear he is turning against FOX News (or they are turning on him).
I have at least three acquaintances who have discarded their loyalty to Trump. Hope springs eternal. I don't know how much more rejection he can gaslight. 

His "press conference" on Tuesday (7/14) in the Rose Garden was 57 minutes of campaigning and incoherent rambling followed by 6 minutes of questions and then an abrupt departure. He is not well.
I seriously doubt he will finish his term. I even think there is a possibility something will keep him from getting the nomination. I suspect Romney will ultimately be the Republican nominee. And then there will be a real contest and interesting debates. 
My fantasy has Trump walking off the job, leaving Pence in the lurch. I think he might seek asylum someplace that won't extradite him. I wonder who he would take with him. I'm pretty sure Melania and Barron would refuse to go. Likely, Ivanka and her family would go and probably Don, Jr. and Eric.
I can't shake the feeling that something dramatic and unprecedented is about to happen. 

And how about this? 
  • CEO of Goya products avows support for Trump.
  • Backlash occurs advocating boycott of Goya Products.
  • Ivanka openly advertise Goya beans on Twitter. 
  • Further backlash ensues.
  • President Donald Trump, leader (?) of the free world appears on Instagram with an array of Goya products on the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office.
How can he stoop so low while the epidemic is out of control? No leadership on how and when schools should re-open -- parents, teacher, and friends in a frenzy over the best course of action. I am enraged.
 
I'm going to keep this short because we are all tired of political rants and I think I need to do some breathing exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment