Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Overwhelmed and Losing it, Loosely Wrapped and Unraveling

I have been on the edge of hysteria for at least a week now. Well, that's not entirely true, at least three times I've gone over the edge and plunged into the depths. Life is really complicated right now and it requires lots of planning, coordination, and physical work. I need lots of help and as always, I have a tough time asking for it.
So far, I have blown up at Logan, Steve Maples, and my car. If any of the rest of you come into the line of fire in the next few weeks, please know I appreciate you being there for whatever reason and please know that if I blow up, it's probably about me, not you.

 What's eating me?
  • I have to be ready for the movers on Saturday.
  • Logan is also overwhelmed with balancing the demands of a job and the rigorous IB program at school. He spends every waking moment he is at home working on his school computer or with his nose in a book.
  • Danny's hours limit his availability to help.
  • Both boys are never available at the same time, so the two-man jobs aren't getting done.
  • Rachel is constantly on my mind and in my heart. Chemo is not easy and she and Kevin have way too many stresses in their lives. 
  • My physical strength is very limited. I can do only a small amount of work and then must rest.
  • The Maples clan is all absorbed in grieving the loss of Julia's father and attending his funeral on the other side of the state.
  • It's been bloody hot.
  • I still have tons of sorting, selling, storing, and tossing to do.
  • I miss Ben.
On the other hand:
  • I'm so looking forward to living in a smaller, more manageable house.
  • I can't wait to reduce my inventory of stuff (by sorting, selling, and tossing).
  • The weather is pleasant. I don't think I've ever moved when the weather is decent -- it's always been during a terrible storm or a killer heatwave. 
  • People are helping me.
  • Most of the people I've offended will forgive me.
  • This too, will pass.
In the meanwhile, I will practice as many avoidance techniques as I can muster:
  • Blogging
  • Re-reading a book from my childhood
  • Playing solitaire mindlessly
I'm open to suggestions for any other distractions. 

1 comment:

  1. I think this comes from our favorite list of "50 things to do instead of what you're supposed to be doing" (or whatever the exact name was)...You can always call your sister!!!!!

    ReplyDelete