Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Cats are Out of the Bag and Other Weather News

Here's a quilt I made for Amanda and Ashley's joint birthdays (November 24 and 27). When I first saw the pattern over a year ago, I knew I had to make it for them -- cat lovers (and owners of four) that they are. When I got the quilt assembled, it looked blah, there wasn't enough contrast in some areas, so I set about to compensate. Once I got started, I couldn't stop: buttons, ribbons, sequins, beads, and little articles of clothing found their way onto the quilt. Here's the closeups and an explanation of each cat's persona:

Lulu
"Will belly dance for Pounce"

Fifi the French Maid
"Voulez vous coucher avec moi?"



Plain Jane
"Do you like my basic black and pearls?"

Tina the topless dancer
"Watch me twirl 'em!"
Lil
“Diamonds are a

girl’s
cat’s best friend”






Horatia Algeria
From rags to riches


Dora Deff
"Dinner at eight? I thought you said dinner for eight!"



Fanny

“I’m just a plain and simple old-fashioned girl cat”


Carmen the Flamenco Dancer
"Stomp your booties!"


Desiree the Mardi Gras Queen
"Show me your boobies!"


Sandy Barbara
"Welcome to my litter box"



Ali Khat
the Pimp
Notice that each of the "girls" has a heart of gold.
I know weather reports are boring, but the last 24 hours have been extraordinary, even for this part of the country which often experiences extreme weather. Here's this morning's exhibition. It was delightful -- no ice, clear roads, and a gorgeous dusting from fat, wet flakes.


Thanksgiving report tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment